Big Logo & Decreased Slider

Support Area Forums Authentic Big Logo & Decreased Slider

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author

Hi there,

So you know I don’t have much knowledge in designing website. This is my first …

I’d like to know if it’s possible to have a logo that is: 1000 (vertical) and 326 (vertical) pixels. The logo is transparent so will blend well in the background. Right now it doesn’t work well as it sits on the slider.
    We could leave the header where they are OR have it below the logo. Could you please let me know how I can do this?

Regardig the slider, how can we reduce its size and have its dimensions = 417 X 256 pixels?

Many thanks for your help

– Moubsie

Bill Robbins

Just about anything can be done.

Any chance you could send a link to where you’re working on the theme? That way I can give you precise changes for your particular situation.

Thank you Bill for your quick reply.

Here’s the link: http://www.flamesofrevival.co.uk

Hi Bill, just wondering if I’ll get an answer before the weekend as it’s 6pm UK time. I’d appreciate if you could get back to me today (your time or my time).

Many thanks,

Bill Robbins

I’ll have it for you this afternoon. I’m away from my laptop for a little while, but as soon as I’m back, I’ll take care of it.

Thank you Bill.

Bill Robbins

Here’s what you’ll need to do:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css.
    3. Select everything in the file and delete it.
    4. Replace it with the code at https://gist.github.com/2257281
    5. Save your changes.
    6. Next open up functions.php and look for this spot (it’s on line 35):

add_image_size('slide', 670, 350, true);

7. Replace that with this:

add_image_size('slide', 417, 256, true);

8. Save your changes.

That should give you more space for your logo as well as shrink the slideshow for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Thanks Bill. It works fine. Logo looks great.
    But now I am having a problem with the Home Top widget … it’s too far from the slider and I am not quite sure how to enlarge it.

Could you please help me out?

Many thanks

Also wondering if the headers can be moved as they are on the way of the page titles. for e.g. iof you look at the event page, titles and headers are all mixed.

Wherte do you think the headers should be? We’re thinking above the logo on the right side.

I am sorry to bother you on this

It’s me again. Just noticed that the Contact Us page has been shifted as well. I am assuming is due to the header being too close. Can something be done as well?

Bill Robbins

I believe we can take care of those things. Thanks for adding the content too. Always makes editing easier.

There’s an updated style.css file for you at https://gist.github.com/2258580.

Let me know if you have any other trouble.

Hi Bill,

I hope you had a great weekend. Thank you for the updated style.css file.

I made a few changes to the website because we were still having issues with the headers being too close to the page content. I was able to move them to the right and change their color to yellow to make them stand out more.

However I am still having issues on the “Events” page: the headers are on the same line as the title page. Is there a way we can move the headers higher (closer to the logo)? I tried it but it didn’t work well.

I also have 2 more questions:

1. Which testimonials plugin would you recommend? I am looking for one that will allow people to leave testimonies which will need to be approved by us prior to being posted online

2. How can I add a blog/articles page where comments can be left?

Many thanks for your help
    Mibeka

Bill Robbins

Mibeka,

I’ll be honest, I’ve never managed a site that used a testimony plugin so I don’t have a lot of direct experience. I’ve seen a few sites that use the PrayerBox + plugin. You might give that look.

You can add in posts/articles to your site. To do that, go to the “posts” section of your WordPress control panel. There you can create posts. Each post will be part of a category. By default, WordPress creates a category called uncategorized, but you can rename that to anything you want.

You’ll want to add all posts you’d like to have displayed to the same category. Once you’ve created at least one post for that category, you can then add it to your navigation. That will create a “page” for your posts.

You can can have just one category added to your navigation, or if you’d rather have multiple ones, you can do that too.

I hope that helps and so sorry I missed this question when it was first posted.

Bill

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Big Logo & Decreased Slider’ is closed to new replies.