Auto Play Multiple Videos on a Page

Support Area Forums Grassroots Auto Play Multiple Videos on a Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://fpomarketing.com/hispanic-hand-gestures-for-the-win/
  • Author
    Kristi Bradley
    Participant

We have two silent videos demonstrating hand gestures that we would like to automatically play and loop when the page loads. We have them set to auto play and loop. This works as long as there is only one video on the page. When we add the second video, the auto play no longer works. Is there a way to have them both auto play?

Bill Robbins

Hi Kristi,

Fantastic question there. It’s my understanding that most web browsers will only allow one autoplay video per page. Even though these are silent videos, other videos would likely have sound so you could have multiple soundtracks running on the same page with only one video in view.

As a quick test I made a copy of your page and replaced the WordPress videos with two Vimeo videos set to loop and autoplay. The result was the same there, with neither video autoplaying.

Since those videos are so short, I would suggest converting them to animated GIFs. They would autoplay and loop for you. That would seem to be a good option to get around the browser limitations.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

Kristi Bradley
    Participant

Worked beautifully! Thank you for your insight!

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out Kristi 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto Play Multiple Videos on a Page’ is closed to new replies.