Agency & Jigoshop

Support Area Forums Agency Agency & Jigoshop

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.silentblessings.org
  • Author
    silentblessings.org
    Participant

I’m embarrassed to say that I missed your response from May to my initial question that essentially is how to get my jigoshop store to show on a full-width page. Right now I can only use 3/4 of the page and then it has some kind of sidebar content that does nothing. I see from this post from May that you’d be willing to take a look at it:

Judy,

It’s a bit unusual, but Jigoshop and Woocommerce don’t actually use page templates. Since plugins can’t actually have templates, they just attempt to go with a common layout of elements in WordPress themes: a content area and a sidebar.

We could likely make the content area full width without the sidebar. If you don’t mind sending over the URL to the shop page, I’d be glad to take a look and see.

Thanks,
    Bill

The URL is: http://www.silentblessings.org/resources-2/shop. The same thing happens when you click on just one of the items to get the detailed information, so it would need to be fixed on that page layout there as well.

Thanks for whatever you can do to clear this up.

Judy

Bill Robbins

Hello Judy,

Let’s give this a try:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Style tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

ul.products {
      	width: 100%;
      }

#footer {
      	clear: both;
      }

.jigoshop-shop #content,
      .single-product #content {
      	width: 100%;
      	-moz-box-sizing: border-box; 
      	-webkit-box-sizing: border-box; 
      	box-sizing: border-box; 
      }

.jigoshop-shop #sidebar {
      	display: none;
      }

.product .summary {
      	width: 560px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

I’ve heard that Jigoshop has a slider in its options that you can use to adjust the number of items per row. I’m hoping that will let your products move across the full width. The code above will prepare the space, but Jigosohp is preventing them from filling it in. At the start of every row, Jigoshop stops the items from “floating” which won’t allow more to fill in the spot on the right. Hopefully adding more per row will do that.

Bill

silentblessings.org
    Participant

I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again, “You definitely are my website hero, Bill!” Thank you for taking the time to work out a solution for me. My experience with other software providers has not proven them to be as quick to help. Again, thank you. It looks beautiful! (Now, let’s hope I didn’t mess up anything else in the meantime. 🙂

Bill Robbins

Judy, I’m glad that got you to where you were hoping to go. I do appreciate the kind words too.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Agency & Jigoshop’ is closed to new replies.