Additional Menu Levels

Support Area Forums Foxy Additional Menu Levels

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Gary Sorensen
    Participant

Is it possible to have the navigation menu go more than 2 levels deep within the foxy theme? If so, how can this be accomplished? I would like to navigate to 3 levels.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Robbins

I did limit the number of drop downs, but you can change it if you’d like to. You’ll need to edit the sidebar.php file and look at the very top for this:

<?php wp_nav_menu( array( ‘theme_location’ => ‘side’, ‘container’ => ‘nav’, ‘depth’ => 2 ) ); ?>

where it says ‘depth’ => 2 just change the 2 to 3 and save your changes. That will output another level to your menus. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Gary Sorensen
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. That provides the cascading action for another level, but my 3rd level menu items don’t show.

Bill Robbins

Here are two styles you’ll need to add to your style.css file. I made the third tier drop down a bit wider to keep the “Higher Education” link from moving to two lines while it’s being hovered.

ul.menu li li:hover ul,
    ul.menu li li.sfHover ul {
    width: 180px;
    left: 10px;
    top: 10px;
    }

ul.menu li li li:hover ul,
    ul.menu li li li.sfHover ul {
    left: 180px;
    top: 0;
    }

By the way, I love how your site has turned out. Would you be open to having it included in the showcase?

Gary Sorensen
    Participant

That worked. Thanks Bill. I would love to have it included once we launch. Will the showcase be part of the OT site?

I am still adding content, but hope to have it launch ready in a week or so. I can let you know when we launch at our permanent address. http://www.hummelarch.com

Bill Robbins

That would be great. We’re planning on recreating the showcase on the main site soon. It’s been quite a while since it was last updated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional Menu Levels’ is closed to new replies.