Adding production description

Support Area Forums Umami Adding production description

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://diamond-sushi.com/index.php/product-category/appetizers/
  • Author
    Tom Chau
    Participant

I would like to have the product description show up on this page so users do not need to go into the product page to see the description.

Also, if I want to move the price and and “add to cart” button next to the product line, how would I do that? Having them aligned would be best for visual effect of course.

Bill Robbins

Hi Tom,

Probably the best way to do that would be to make an update to the theme that adds a list of products in a category that looks like a menu group. My most recent restaurant theme has the ability in it. I’ll port it to Umami and make an update to the theme to include that. I’ll try to get it updated this afternoon. From there it’ll show up in the updates section of your WordPress dashboard.

Bill

Bill Robbins

Hi Tom,

I just posted the update. It will show up in the updates section of your WordPress dashboard soon. You can try refreshing that screen to get WordPress to check for updates again to perhaps speed its arrival up.

This works a bit different than adding a product category to your navigation menu. You’ll need to create a WordPress page for the items. In the content area of that page, you’ll display them with a shortcode that works like this:

[product-menu category="rolls"]

Add that to the content box and it will display a list of all the items in the product category with the slug of rolls. You can find the product category slug by going to products in your dashboard and clicking on categories. They’ll be listed there.

That will only display the items so you may want to place text and/or images above and below the list to let visitors know different things.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding production description’ is closed to new replies.