adding photos to slide show.

Support Area Forums Agency adding photos to slide show.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Erdem Senocak
    Participant

hi,

i can’t upload any photos to slider even though i resized them to 960*448. i even can’t upload the hands.jpg which i copied from the agency themes demo, in order to try.

Erdem Senocak
    Participant

i noticed that i even can not upload any media to the media library.

Bill Robbins

Most likely the wp-content folder on your server has its permissions set too low for WordPress to create the uploads folder where it stores images and other media.

Most likely you can go to your web host’s control panel and find a section for exploring your files. You should be able to use that tool to locate the wp-content folder–it’s in the root of your WordPress installation. Once you do you’ll want to change the folder’s permissions to 777 and then apply your changes. See if you can then upload an image. If you can, then set your permissions back to 755 for security.

If your host doesn’t have a means to do this via their control panel, you can use a FTP program if you’re familiar with those.

If either of those ways don’t work, your web host should have some ways to help you change permissions on that folder.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Erdem Senocak
    Participant

thanks for the reply. yes changing folder permissions did not work. FTP works though. BUT NOW; i can set the images as featuered images or so BUT i cannot set them as slideshow images. could you please help me with that?

Bill Robbins

Any chance you could email a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I could take a closer look for you?

Erdem Senocak
    Participant

thank you for your message bill. i just e-mailed you necessary info. pls e-mail me if anything is missing.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending the login. We just got back in town a few minutes ago and I took a look. For some reason or another, your site isn’t accepting uploads properly. To make sure it wasn’t the theme, I activated the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it would work then, but I still received a broken image URL.

The last image I attempted to upload returned this URL:

http://www.pam.org.tr/WPMed/wordpress-3.3-tr_TR/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/gallery.jpg

but there isn’t anything there. I saw that one of the other images you tried to add also didn’t go through, but one of this one from earlier today did:

http://www.pam.org.tr/WPMed/wordpress-3.3-tr_TR/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/insaat21.jpg

Based on your media settings, the URL’s appear to be correct, but WordPress isn’t writing the files correctly to your uploads folder.

What can you do? You could reinstall WordPress via FTP and see if that fixes the issue for you. You can also see if the most recent files are present in the wp-content/uploads folder while using either a FTP program or your web host’s control panel.

You could also ask your web host for help. WordPress is very common software and they may know exactly what is going on.

Let me know what you discover. I’ll do some more digging, but at the moment, that’s where things stand.

Bill

Erdem Senocak
    Participant

thank you for your help bill. i contacted to my hosting company. they logged into my account and somehow they found a solution. now i can upload media just from the dashboard. no need for FTP connection. also and the most important thing slide show works. thanks again!

p.s. i have another question for you but i think it will be better if i add a new topic for it.

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear you were able to get that worked out. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘adding photos to slide show.’ is closed to new replies.