Adding Pages with Images to Home Page

Support Area Forums Pneuma Adding Pages with Images to Home Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://testsite2.orioledesigns.net/
  • Author
    Judy Rich
    Participant

Hi again! Sorry for all the questions. I’d like to add a few specific page links to my home page (3 or 4 in a row), but I’d like them to show up as the featured image, with the title on mouse-over, like the podcast series do. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
    Judy

Bill Robbins

That’s an excellent question there. Questions are always welcome too.

I don’t have a built in way to create that, short of just inserting some HTML into a text widget. But a widget like that would be useful both in Pneuma and some of my other themes too.

If you can hold out until the first of the week, I’ll make a new widget that lets you add an image and also a short text like a title that appears on hover like the recent series does. I’ll roll it into an update for everyone to be able to use.

Thanks,
    Bill

Judy Rich
    Participant

Any luck with this yet? No rush, just wondering. Thanks so much! 🙂

– Judy

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Judy,

I cooked up a quick plugin to add that for you. You can download it at https://support.organizedthemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/image-cover-widget.zip

Once it’s installed and activated, do this too:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Customize.
    2. Look down for the advanced section and click on it. Then choose Custom CSS.
    3. In the box there, add this:

ul.image-cover li {
      	width: 100%;
      	float: none;
      }

4. Save your changes.

The new widget is called an image cover widget. You can add it using the page builder. To add the image, upload it in your WordPress media library or select it there. In the pop up that opens up you’ll see a field for the file URL. Copy that; you’ll need it in the widget.

There are three fields in the widget. One is for the title which will appear on hover. The second one is for the image file URL. Paste the URL you copied out of the media library there. The last one is for the URL you’d like the image to link to.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Pages with Images to Home Page’ is closed to new replies.