Adding existing library images to gallery

Support Area Forums Photobug Adding existing library images to gallery

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Michael Friedlander
    Participant

Photobug is just the perfect them for my site, thank you.

I’ve begun creating some gallery posts by clicking “Upload Images” under the “Gallery Images” section of the post. However, I don’t see any way to get existing Media Library images into your gallery.

I want to use some of the same images on multiple pages or posts, and would prefer not uploading them multiple times. Multiple images also require additional downloads to the browser, as opposed to the browser pulling it from the cache.

Stumped, or am I missing a simple solution?

Bill Robbins

Michael,

That’s a great idea. When I first built the theme last spring there wasn’t a simple way to go about that. WordPress recently made a major overhaul of the media library which will ultimately allow us to let you pick images and insert them that way. Prior to WordPress 3.5 it was difficult to include images in a photo gallery that weren’t uploaded on that page/post. Now it’s pretty straightforward.

As of yet though, I haven’t had an opportunity to incorporate that into the theme.

But there is a plugin called Attachements that I believe will let you add an association between an image and a post. I haven’t tried the plugin, but if it works as advertised, that should do the trick.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding existing library images to gallery’ is closed to new replies.