Add Full Blog Post on Blog Index page

Support Area Forums Live Add Full Blog Post on Blog Index page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://avenueumc.com/?page_id=215
  • Author
    aumc
    Participant

Hi,

I have a page setup for a blog http://avenueumc.com/?page_id=215 I would like it to ideally publish the whole post (formated) on the main page or if that can’t be done at least part of it with a More link to the rest of the post. Right now I just get unformated text and no indication to click to see the whole post.

Thanks,

Bill Robbins

You’re welcome to show the full content. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Theme Options. Once there select the General Options tab. On this tab, there is an option where you can choose between the excerpt or full content. Choose full content there and save your changes. That should cause the full content of your posts to be displayed in the blog archive.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

aumc
    Participant

WOW.. Thanks for the quick reply. I search everywhere and it was right in the general options.

One other question is I have the comments off but on the blog post under the title on the grey menu bar is still has a link “Make A Comment ” which does not go anywhere. Is this easy to turn off? Thanks again.

Paul

Bill Robbins

Good question Paul. This will be in the next theme update, but you can go on and add it to your site. It’ll remove the comments reference when they are closed. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose post-meta.php
    3. Replace everything in that file with this:

(Be sure to copy the code directly from the support site and not the notification email).

4. Save your changes.

That should do it. If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Full Blog Post on Blog Index page’ is closed to new replies.